Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Visual - Guidance

Hello -

I have the following dataset below.  I'd like for the WTD CY, WTD LY to be side by side bars and the % Var to LY to be like a card at the end of the bars.

Capture.PNG

Is this possible?  I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what you mean by side by side bars.

If you mean two bar plots side by side you just need to click on the bar chart (horizontal or vertical) and then select WTD cy or WTD ly. This will just display the total though. If you wanted to filter it based on one of the other columns you can add a "visual level filter" by dragging a field to that section of the fields editor and choosing the filter option for that field. This will filter to just the data belonging to whatever filter you choose. IF you want multiple bars for levels of a different field then add the field to the Axis. 

If  you want one bar plot with comparing WTD cy and WTD ly then choose the clustered bar chart (third and fourth option on top row of visualizations) and add those two fields. Again you can filter this if you want. 

Maybe neither is what you want, I wasn't sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.  Let me see if I can explain better. 

For each offer, name, color I would like the following:

- Section 1: One bar for WTD CY stacked right next to the bar for WTD LY.  At the end of these bars typically where you would find a data label, I'd like the % Var to LY value shown.  

- Section 2: One bar for MTD CY stacked right next to the bar for MD LY.  At the end of these bars typically where you would find a data label, I'd like the % Var to LY value shown.  

-Section 3 One bar for YTD CY stacked right next to the bar for YTD LY.  At the end of these bars typically where you would find a data label, I'd like the % Var to LY value shown.  

The clustered bar chart gets me close.  I don't know how to put the % var LY to display at the ends of the appropriate bars.  Also is there a way to zoom in on the clustered bar chart so that the bars aren't so tiny?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.