Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power BI Using Adventurers DD in Azure DimGeography not working

Im using the Adventureworks Data Warehouse as a test in Azure and Im trying to create a Map

We have DimGeography joined to DImSalesTerritory and and FactResellerSales joined to DimSalesTerritory

This is at individualsale level so If I choose city in Dim Geography Id imagine it wouldwe ok but its not. For example:

If you drag in City from DImGeography and SalesAmount from FactResellerSales into a table. Each City has exactly the same sales amount against it which isnt right

I tried adding Country from the middle Table DImSalesTerritory but this has made no difference.

United Stated Albeny      $53,607,801

United Stated Alhambra $53,607,801

United Stated Alpine       $53,607,801

United Stated Ballard       $53,607,801

etc

I dont understand how this is happening and all the join ID's seem fine between these three tables.

Is there anything that I could be missing. I really wanted to use city against sales amount

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE,

It seems like your relationship not mapping correctly so power bi summarize all records to a static value.

Can you please share some sample data and relationship map?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE,

It seems like your relationship not mapping correctly so power bi summarize all records to a static value.

Can you please share some sample data and relationship map?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Your right, the Geography dimension isnt mapped correctly to the fact table in Adventureworks (Which is odd because this is the sample data warehouse)

I wasn thinking that Power BI couldnt cope with looking at data from a fact table and a snowflaked table but I think this isnt the case so its the data set and not Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.