cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI Update error message

HI Experts

Getting the following error message when i have updated to Oct 2018 desktop realse....any ideas...

Since updating to this latest release, when I try to open Power BI, I just get the following message:

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Route11

You may try to uninstall PBI Desktop from your computer completely and take a look at this document. There are several minimum requirements listed in it. Please make sure that your computer meets those requirements. Then install the latest version and try to run power bi desktop as an administrator. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Route11

You may try to uninstall PBI Desktop from your computer completely and take a look at this document. There are several minimum requirements listed in it. Please make sure that your computer meets those requirements. Then install the latest version and try to run power bi desktop as an administrator. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Many thanks Cherie excellent feedback. Much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors