Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrHegde

Power BI - Unable to install since March updates

Hi,

i have been a Power BI user since its release and kept my desktop upto date with releases. since the update of Power BI , i am unable to open or install Power BI.

i had perfectly working Power BI desktop.

Updated March updates.

Update failed and since then i am unable to install again.

i cannot find Power BI on uninstall list to remove and run a clean installation.every time i try to install i get this weird error "error writing the file CefSharp.browserSubprocess.core.dll .

1. i have admin rights on my PC

2. I tried restart

3. i had copy of old version of PowerBI - same error.

can any one help ? thanks. 

installation error - CefSharp.BrowserSubprocessinstallation error - CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrHegde,

I know that previous desktop can be installed in this machine, but I would also like to let you double check if the minimum requirements are met according to this article.

Based on my test, if the Power BI desktop is uninstalled completely, the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop will be removed. From the error message, please go to that path, if Microsoft Power BI Desktop exist, please remove that folder then install the Power BI desktop again.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.