cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Timeline Visual

Hi,

I want to create an Gannt type visual to show events based on start time and end as bars in a chart (Like a GANNT chart).

Source table will be as follows (shortened for demo):

GANNT Source Table.JPG

Output to be as follows based on the start and end times:

Gannt output.jpg

Regards

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pick ,

Based on my research, which visual I can find to try to meet your requirement is as Timelinevisual. However, it can only show ID and CONTROL_STRATEGY column with start time and end time.

timeline.png

If you think this visual cannot meet your requirement or you have other ideas, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pick ,

Based on my research, which visual I can find to try to meet your requirement is as Timelinevisual. However, it can only show ID and CONTROL_STRATEGY column with start time and end time.

timeline.png

If you think this visual cannot meet your requirement or you have other ideas, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@YingjieLi,

Yes that one worked thanks for the help.

Ian

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Pick 

There are a number of Gantt custom visuals available in the marketplace.

I'm sure one of these will be suitable for you.

Best regards,

Martyn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors