Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeroenc

Power BI Table Visual not showing double rows

Hi all

I've been searchig for a while now, and I think I'm missing a simple property but I can't figure out where to find it...

I'm searching for the ability to show all records (not only the distinct records) in my Table visual.

My datasource is an excel file with these values

Name | Value | Id

A        | 1        | 1

B        | 2        | 2

C        | 3        | 3

A        | 1        | 4

In my table I only want to display columns Name and Value.

When I do so, my last record with Id 4 isn't visible. 

The result is:

Name | Value 

A        | 1        

B        | 2        

C        | 3        

If I add the Id column to the Values of my table, all records are visible.

I've already set the 'Don't summarize' setting fo the Name and Value column.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
Daniel_G
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have same issue and I find it really frustrating that it has not been fixed since 2.5 years.

I don't think it is by design, as it simply behaves as if the summarization option was set to first.

I raised an idea to fix that in a link below:

Microsoft Idea  · Change behavior of table when showing duplicate rows (powerbi.com)

Please vote on it to get attention from developers and hopefully it will be fixed.

Thank you in advance.

niasha
Advocate III
Advocate III

any luck with this ?

zlokesh
Resolver I
Resolver I

Really nice execerise , i tried 1-2 hours, change data types, change filters and...  but did not get.

Curious to know the solution.

Hi All

Is there any movement on this topic?

I also want to display all rows in a table but without the ID as this takes up valuable space in the model!!

Thanks

Mattie

Hi @MattieG72MP

No progress yet 😞

Hi @jeroenc,

By my research, it seems that this is by design that won't show the duplicate rows on Power BI.

You could post your idea in Power BI idea froum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeroenc

@v-piga-msft  Is there any proper solution to this?  I thought by adding a unique column to table like index column we can have all rows included and as a workaround, if dont want to show that index column in table., we can format the heading and values color so we can hide it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spend several days on this issue! I also trying renaming duplicate values using Python, but there was other problems when publishing that!

Simple solution: "Adding a unique index column to the table and showing that in the table":

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-keep-all-rows-Even-they-are-duplicates-in-Power-BI/t...

However, this again does not solve the problem fully. For example, I want to have all values separately in a filter, but it shows only one of them. So, maybe I have to rename duplicates and indicate them as  A1, A2, A3...

That is not great is it.

I have 10s of megabytes of IDs in my model which is restricting use of some data.

Let's hope there is some progress soon.

jeroenc

Hi @v-piga-msft, @Anonymous

Both thanks for the reply, but we are searching for a way to display all rows without grouping and without adding the unique Id column.

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

A workaround would be created a calcuated table to group the data by name and value.

See the example below.

GroupbyName = GROUPBY('Group','Group'[Name],'Group'[Value])

2018-06-21_13-24-07.png

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jeroenc,

I could reproduce your scenario, but I think that's by design.

Normaly, if you don't drag ID to visual, Name A only match Value 1 so it only show one distict row.

If you show count of Value, you will see 2 like below.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.