Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

richo
Regular Visitor

Power BI Stalling on Initilizing model

Hi All

On the latest update of Power BI, after installing (upgrade and fresh install) the application will not completely load and stalls on the 'Initializing model' splash screen. It continues to appear it is loading but doesnt. Out of the 20+ attempts it did load once, but there was no difference in the set up at that time.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I have therefore had to revert to the previous version to get Power BI desktop working.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 with 16gb RAM (MSI)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richo
Regular Visitor

After some poking around.... i noticed Nahimic for MSI (https://gaming.msi.com/features/nahimic) which was installed as part of the laptop appears to have been the issue. It automatically starts on start-up. When i exit the application from the system tray power BI loads as per normal.

Odd one that one and i wonder if anyone can explain it?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

Has anyone on this thread had any luck resolving this?

I've opened a new thread since this one is already flagged "resolved": http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Desktop-app-can-t-open-gets-stuck-on-quot-Initializing-model...

No support ........... Many people face this problem ...........why microsoft  keep silence about this problem for such a long time ..............................  too much frustructing.

Jayadev
Helper I
Helper I

Have you got any reply to it ???? Too poor support from community.

richo
Regular Visitor

After some poking around.... i noticed Nahimic for MSI (https://gaming.msi.com/features/nahimic) which was installed as part of the laptop appears to have been the issue. It automatically starts on start-up. When i exit the application from the system tray power BI loads as per normal.

Odd one that one and i wonder if anyone can explain it?

Thank you,

BI desktop started once I stopped nahimic on my msi laptop.

@fintech1, @richo can you tell us which nahimic software was it exactly ? What does that software do, nahimic site shows many different downloads.

It was part of the bloatware pre-installed on my MSI laptop. Not sure of its use as i never used it.

Cheers

Im experiencing the same problem but i do not have a nahimic installed. what could be the problem?

I too face the same problem.  How can we trust the product ???

@richo Thanks for narrowing it down! This is information is really helpful to us. I have no idea how Nahimic is interfering with the Desktop, I'd have to grab a MSI laptop and test it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.