Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SyVe

Power BI Sorting

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a report with filtering, plots and statistics and I am facing one issue. How to sort X axis in the scatter plot ?

I'm creating a Scatter plot from scratch and on X axis I have Iteration paths and my Y axis is Cycle times for items. I have sorted Iteration paths in Column, in the filter and on the plot, but in reality it is not. I'm providing a 2 screenshots, one is filter sorting and the other one is plot in reality.

Thank you in advance

P.S. Sorted on the plot as well. Three dots Sort by ascending or descending.

powerbione.PNGpowerbitwo.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SyVe ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SyVe ,

Since the sort order in slicer seems customize, we think you have sort the x-axis by another sort column properly. Could please check if the scatter chart is sort by the x-axis? Or  try to reproduce the same issue on the sample file we shared?

8.jpg

By the way, PBIX file as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SyVe 

This is a text column and if and if you do not want change sort column, you need to create a sort column for this column and mark that as sort column for that

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Sort Asc and Sort desc should sort otherwise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.