cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chitemerere
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power BI Smart Narrative Design from Scratch using a TextBox and Measures

I am building a smart narrative to be used as TooTip from scratch using a text box as follows:

Smart Narrative TextBox.PNGI then want to a dynamic text value using the following measure:

Smart Narrative Measure.PNG

However the value dialogue box does not recognize this measure as text as seen in the following screenshot:
Smart Narrative Value.PNG

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chitemerere
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Further to my last post, there seems to be some bugs in the Smart Narrative Visual.  Closing the Power BI file and reopening it and typing the measure gives the correct results as shown below:

Value Increase-Decrease Tooltip.PNGI think Microsoft Power BI Team needs to look into this.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User III
Super User III

Try typing [sales increase/decrease] (with the open/close brackets) and see if it will recognize your measure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Chitemerere
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Further to my last post, there seems to be some bugs in the Smart Narrative Visual.  Closing the Power BI file and reopening it and typing the measure gives the correct results as shown below:

Value Increase-Decrease Tooltip.PNGI think Microsoft Power BI Team needs to look into this.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

Chitemerere
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thank you very much Edhans, much appreciated.

The results of your suggestion are as follows:

Sales increase-decrease measure vale.PNGIt seems its not working, the result is the same even if I change the measure to Upper Case for each word

Regards,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors