cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rossData Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Showing Blank Cells after Python Script

I've created a python script that takes in two different queries. When I run the script with extracts in visual studio the output is as desired, but when I run the script in power bi some of the rows have blanks in the last 3 columns. I've done some debugging and found that if I force the result as a string they come through as nan, but this still doesn't line up with the test output. My other thought was that the code that grabs those values was in correct, but then it wouldn't work for the ones that do work. I've also checked to see if there are any differences between the data that I'm pulling in and I cannot find any.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Showing Blank Cells after Python Script

Figured it out. The table I was pulling data from had 264 columsn. Moved the columns I needed to the front and it pulled the data for all rows correctly. It's odd that it pulled some rows and not others, but now it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

Figured it out. The table I was pulling data from had 264 columsn. Moved the columns I needed to the front and it pulled the data for all rows correctly. It's odd that it pulled some rows and not others, but now it works.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi rossData,

So it seems that you solve your issue, right? If so and if you'd like to, you could mark corresponding post as answer or share your solutions. That way, people who in this forum and have similar issue will benefit from it.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 397 members 3,702 guests