Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshaSampath81
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Shared report Refreshing

Hi,

I have shared a report with my mate which was being scheduled refreshed by on-premise gateway on my account. Now, if my mate also want to refresh that shared dashboard/report to get the latest data as i get everyday. How he can achieve that?? Or as my dashboard/report is refreshed daily, will that be automatically reflect to the shared one on my mate's account??

Harsha

6 REPLIES 6
schaema3
Advocate III
Advocate III

I'm facing a similar issue. We are sharing a report among our team. All of us have pro licenses and sit on the same network. The report is available on the BI workspace for all of us. However, if you're hitting the refresh button on PowerBI Service it only refreshes the report if the owner of the file has refreshed it on PowerBI desktop and published it again. How can we get changes on the raw data side refreshed it fhat person is i.e. on holiday or not available to refresh and publish? We tried having the source data on a common SharePoint folder and also on a shared Onedrive. Both didn't work. Any suggestions?

I have the exact same issue as you.  Were you able to figure this out?

Thank you.

Hi Zamboni, no, we haven't figured out a smart way to do this. Only option that works so far is using a SharePoint side for the source data and a local copy of the report itself. This way every user that has the report can refresh it. It does work for small data volume but not if you're talking about millions of records.

Ok, thanks for your response.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @harshaSampath81,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at following links to know more about power bi sharing and refresh:

Share your Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others

Data refresh in Power BI

Reports are load data from correspond dataset. So if you have finished configure dataset refresh settings(data source and gateway), it also means your reports will load latest data from that dataset.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Xiaoxin,

Those articles do not offer a solution for this problem.  The specific problem is this:

1.  I share my report with someone (we both have Pro).

2.  A new item is added to the original source data

3.  The person who I shared my report with clicks "Refresh", but the new data does not show on the report

4.  As owner of the report, I have to hit "Refresh" and then re=publish my report.  Then my co-worker can see the new information

We need a way for the co-worker to "Refresh" the report herself, without me having to do it and republish it each time.

Is this possible?

Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.