Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

russgriffiths

Power BI Service - only one dataset ?

I thought I might have been able to create generic datasets, with the tables, measures etc and save them as PBI "models" - e.g. my Incident dataset, and a Change dataset. Then join them at will in Power BI reports by connecting to Power BI Service. However, it seems we can only connect to one service and not join or use multiple data services. Am I missing something - is there a technical or security reason why we cant join multiple Power BI Service Datasets ? Maybe its something coming in future releases - or perhaps I should be doing this in a better way ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @russgriffiths,

No, it is not available to connect to multiple datasets hosted on Service from Power BI desktop right now. Here is a similar feature request, you could click to vote it up.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RickySloan

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Can you provide some visibaility in regards to this issue/feature (if it was persued by MSFT)? I'm honestly rather suprised this isn't a basic feature considering the vast capabilities of Power Automate and Cloud Flows specifically.

Thanks, 

Ricky

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @russgriffiths,

No, it is not available to connect to multiple datasets hosted on Service from Power BI desktop right now. Here is a similar feature request, you could click to vote it up.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It says page unavailable for that link to upvote the feature?

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@russgriffiths,

Not a possibility or upcoming feature as far as I'm aware. I don't think there's a particular reason behind it, other than it just isn't designed that way.

You can create dashboards that reference multiple reports and datasets, but data isn't meant to be combined within the service - that's Desktop's domain.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.