Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI - Salesforce Timestamp Issue

Hello,

In Power Bi Desktop I am getting data from Salesforce Objects (Case Table). Whenever the data is imported the timestamps on the dates are 5hrs ahead of time, which is throwing off our metrics on every record. Is there anyone who could help resolve this issue?

Example:
Actual Salesforce Created Date = 6/4/2019 4:02 PM
Power BI Converted Created Date = 6/4/2019 9:02 PM

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is your calendar table created with DAX formula? If that is the case, you can not edit this calendar table in "Power Query".

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get this formula to work in DAX, but it doesnt relate to my calendar table after aligning the formats. I would like to try this in M. How would this formula look as an M function?

Thank you so much for the help! This is great for building my power bi knowledge .

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1608630064836.png

How did this date field come from? From DAX formula or M function?
You don't need to create a new column, you can subtract 5 hours from this date field to get your local time.

__now = NOW() -TIME(4,0,0)

v-lionel-msft_3-1608630493513.png

v-lionel-msft_4-1608630505160.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How many hours is there between your local time and UTC time? Service server uses UTC time.

Try to add such a column in 'Edit Query'.

v-lionel-msft_0-1607652598509.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, there is a 5hr difference. For performance reasons, is there a solution without having to create a new column? 

Hi @Anonymous - Did you ever come up with a workable solution for this? I'm pretty new to PBI and I'm experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.