Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI Row Level Security Limitations

Hello,

Are there any limitations in Power BI Row level security? 

I have a few repots that will have around 100 +  levles of permissions.    For example, only certain people can see certain countries in the report etc...

If I impliment Row Level Security is there any limitation in the amount of security levels I can create?

Is there any Performace decreases vs creating a seperate permission table to apply security to?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@lcasey,

Yes, currently there are some limiation for Low level security which you can refer to the Limitation section on the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

However, I don't think there is a limitation in the amount of security levels. Row level security will not have impact with your report performance. Once have RLS applied on your report, few data show on your report.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@lcasey,

Yes, currently there are some limiation for Low level security which you can refer to the Limitation section on the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

However, I don't think there is a limitation in the amount of security levels. Row level security will not have impact with your report performance. Once have RLS applied on your report, few data show on your report.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.