Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HennieBink

Power BI Reports don't show in Dynamics NAV 2018 - Sandbox message

Hi all,

I setup embedded Power BI for Dynamics NAV 2018 according this great blog:

https://navseenbyzohaibblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/integrating-power-bi-with-microsoft-dynamics-na...

It worked but after developing some reports its stop working. The reports are not visible anymore in Role Center or in Fact Box. I can select reports, i can activated them but in the Role Center or in the Fact Box I see the following message in Dutch: "De sandbox is te beperkend en voorkomt correct werking." 

In English it should be something like this: The sandbox is too restrictive and prevents correct operation

(Application/Windows/PowerBI are in English but I still get a Dutch message).

Who can help?
image.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HennieBink ,

I think it should more related to sandbox, did these embed contents works on normal dynamic dashboards? If this is a case, you can consider contact to power bi support to report this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

We don't use a Sandbox. We use Dynamics NAV 2018 on a Windows Azure Server in combinatie with Power BI. 

The reports are working in a Dynamics NAV 2018 Web Client but not in the Windows Client.

So I'm looking for a solution for showing the reports in the Dynamics NAV 2018 Windows Client.

Thanks, Hennie Bink

Hi @HennieBink ,

I think it might be a compatibility issue and you can try to open a support ticket to get better support for this.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thanks for your reply. Support is not possible in the Free Account and a trial Pro. You need Puchased Pro. At this moment we are testing Power BI for Dynamics and we don't have Pro.

Test is not succesfull at this moment because this issue. So its hard to explain that we must buy first to solve the problems in the trial. 

So I still hope on a response from the comunnity.

Regards,

Hennie Bink

Hi Hennie Bink,

I have a similar issue with PowerBI windows client. If you came across any fix for this issue please request you to share it.

Regards,

Venu Reddy

Hi Venu,

I have no solution yet. When you find a fix for it will you place it here?

Regards,

Hennie Bink

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors