Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gselvag
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report - template (relative url datasource)

Hello folks,

Is it possible to create a Power BI Report with dynamic datasource based on SharePoint Lists. Example once add on Team Site's page, have lists datasource with it's relative Url. This way we don't need to edit every Power BI Report and it's url datasource. 

Any tips are appriciated!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gselvag,

Did these data sources have the same data structures? Power query will cache the previous data structure into steps and not auto sync when the data source updates.
If their data structure dynamic changes, power query will return an error of 'key not matches'.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I'm building a Power BI Report that shall be default on Project Site's. The data structure is the same. How can we configure the PBI Report with dynamic lists, eg. {full_url}   \lists\data1 as let PBI automate datasource based on which site it's added as WebPart on.

Best regards,

Geir

Hi @gselvag,

You can try to parameterize your connection string with the query parameter, then you can modify the query parameter to achieve a dynamic data source.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates 

Using the Power BI Service Parameters to change connection strings (To possibly change between Dev 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors