cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biswedishdevil Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Report server - Issue with deploying power bi report

Good morning,

Uploading a normal paginated SSRS Report works fine. It's only happening with .pbix to me.

Data analytics supporter !
AFo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Adding the service account NT SERVICE\PowerBIReportServer as a local admin on the server has resolved the issue for me and I can now upload Power BI reports to the report server.

Normal SSRS reports upload fine without this permission but PBI reports will not. Maybe something missing from installation that assigns the required permission to the service account?

Thanks for following this up with the escalation engineer.

XIANG Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft and all 

Thanks for your help, now i could publish my PowerBI report to the PBI report server. 

for conclusion:

here is my situation 

i used SSAS tabular mode as the datasource.

i have SSRS report server and SSRS PBI report server on the same machine 

and I have a instance "A" for SSRS RS and instance "B" (PBIRS) like default install for SSRS PBI   

i configured  URL : http://server_name:80/Reports_A for SSRS report server  web portal 

and         URL : http://serverè_name:81/Reports_PBI for SSRS PBI report server web protal. 

then  i  tried to deploy the report to the PBI report server (i could deploy all the report(and create data source on the PBIRS except the PBI report.)   

then after the suggestion of  @v-qiuyu-msft   

i changed the service account from Virtual service account to admin in the PBIRS manager. 

Now i could depoy the PBI report to the PBIRS 

Thanks =>

Regards 

aarontx Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

For me, when I removed the https certificate binding, I was able to upload a PBIX report.

However this is not a desired long term fix!

How do you add a NETWORK SERVICE or Virtual Account to local administrators group in Windows Server 2016 and is this best practice?

Moderator mgmeyer

Thanks to everyone for providing the info and reporting the issue, we've found the problem and have implemented a fix for the next release. The problem has to do with a default URL reservation happening on a specific port during setup and later when configuring the server with a differant port that specific URL is not changed. In order to fix the issue you can do the following:

1. Run the RSConfigTool, should be in the install folder under Shared Tools

2. Connect to the PowerBI instance that is having the issue

3. Navigate to the 'Web Portal URL' tab

4. Click the Advanced button

5. Remove the URL reservation for Report Manager

6. Click OK

7. Open the Advanced configuration again

8. Re-add the Port configuration you had before

9 Click Apply

Let me know if you still run into problems. Thanks!

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi all,

Please try @mgmeyer's suggestion to see if it works.

@AFo@aarontx I have sent your questions to escalated engineer, will update to you once I get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft !

Tested the approach suggested by @mgmeyer but it keeps failing.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @biswedishdevil,

Can you share the PBIReportserver log files ( Default: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles) at that time with us?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

This is the error message I get:

RSPortal!reportserverwebapp!4a!06/01/2017-10:48:27:: e ERROR: OData exception occurred: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Utils.PbixReportHelper.ValidateRenderingIsSupportedAndSetProperties(PowerBIReport entity, Uri requestUri, ILogger logger)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V2.Controllers.CatalogItemsController.ValidatePbiReportRenderingIsSupportedAndSetProperties(PowerBIReport item, Uri requestUri)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V2.Controllers.CatalogItemsController.AddEntity(CatalogItem entity, CatalogItem& createdEntity)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.EntitySetReflectionODataController`1.Post(ODataPath oDataPath, T value)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext(). | RequestID = s_929b6ff7-8515-42d7-b203-51bd46c8366a
RSPortal!reportserverwebapp!51!

XIANG Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Capture.JPGIn RS configure manager use admin acount