Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI Report server - Issue with deploying power bi report

Dear,

I am trying Power BI Report server, configuration done and able to access the report server urla s well.

However when I try to save/deploy the pbix file into the server I am getting the below error

"an error while attempting to save the report to power bi" Please find below the atatched screenshots as well.

BR,

Shams

ReportServerPBI.pngReportErrorDeploy.png

48 REPLIES 48

Did you ever figure out the issue? This started happening today on one of my report servers, but not the other 3. Only seems to be affecting .PBIX files 

Hi, we fixed this issue two days ago on our on-prem PBIRS (1.17.8552.27722 May 2023). You should better add your service account running the PBIRS service to the local Administrators group. A really quick fix.

@v-qiuyu-msft  sorry for that 

here is the lien 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao41zm5ScQN5hCrFkgoagGgVa5Sd   

should be around 11:24 

RSManagement_2017_05_23_10_53_59.log

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a very similar issue.  

I can successfully upload a Report Builder report, however am unable to upload a Power BI report both through Power BI Desktop (SSRS) and from the Upload button on the Power BI Reporting Server.

I do receive the following in the logs however....

2017-05-30 13:13:14.3514|FATAL|1|Could not start PBIXSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(IAppBuilder builder)
at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(StartContext context)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.Program.Main()

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Aaron G.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft

I tried this as well, However the file is not getting deployed. Doesnt throw any error.

Br,

Shams

@shamsuddeenvp@AFo@XIANG Please share the complete log files around the time error throws out under this oath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.