Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sonam7
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report URL filter on groups

Hello,

I have created a report in which I have created few groups by different department managers. I filtered the report manually choosing the department manager and pinned the tiles to my manager dashboard. However, when I create another dashboard for other department manager and from dropdown I select another group, my previous dashboard also reflects the data filtered by new manager. I want my dashboards to show the data filtered by their respective department manager group. When I am trying to apply URL report level filter on groups, it fails. However, when I replace the grouped measure with normal field the url report level filter just works fine. 

This is how I tried to filter the url by passing parameter but it failed

https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/69bafb60-d445-411e-962a-82be934eb2f2/ReportSection93699e2... (Managers) eq 'CurrentSupportTopicL2L3Sarathy'

Please help me how do I apply the filter on groups?

1 REPLY 1
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sonam7 ,

You can try this setting in Power BI Desktop like steps below.

5.png

And you can also make the same setting in Power BI Service.

6.pngYou can learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.