Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dilkushpatel
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Report Builder reporting giving error There was an error communicating with Analysis Servic

Could not connect to the data source.
There was an error communicating with Analysis Services. Please verify that the data source is available and your credentials are correct. The connection either timed out or was lost.
Activity ID: 4e898fe8-e66e-eefe-56a1-964e9e118939
Request ID: 4e898fe8-e66e-eefe-56a1-964e9e118939
Correlation ID: ae282fe62bff4c7b93af136f85ea7bdd
Status code: 200
Time: Thu Apr 23 2020 06:56:40 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Removed cluster URI for security purpose.

Report used to work fine earlier, from last couple of days it started giving error.

I'm admin on workspace so should not be related to permissions as mentioned another similar thread.

3 REPLIES 3
DragosBI

Hi @dilkushpatel , how did you solved the issue? It happens the same to me now

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dilkushpatel , 

According to your error information, it seems to be related to the connection. You need to check whether the AS server is running or whether the gateway is running. You also need to check whether your credential is correct(in connection windows or gateway setting or whether you set correct user mapping in service) and whether you have permission to access this datasource.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dax I'm using connection to power bi dataset which is in same workspace and I'm admin on that workspace. So i do not think it needs gateway or there is any connection issue.

Same report works while developing so if there was connection issue it would not connect when working from report builder as well.

Also just to be extra sure we configured power bi dataset for auto refresh after giving valid credentials and that also did not change anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors