Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arunaramana
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Report Builder is freezing when tried to run the after the report was designed

Hello There,

I started exploring paginated reports design over Power BI Report Designer; The tool worked well until the report is designed and saved, and further when attempted to run the designed-report to preview it, the tool is going to frozen-mode and not responding further with results. Below are the screenshots. Would anyone please me help understand the reason behind this problem.

Thank you for giving your valuable time.

arunaramana_0-1631752397329.png

arunaramana_1-1631752417696.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@arunaramana , Can you check and RAM and CPU usages. If there is some other application using too much of that, close those. Browsers, Power bi desktop can consume a lot of that

View solution in original post

Thanks Amit, Looks like your tip worked. when the tool was frozen during run-mode, I had mozilla, chrome, SSMS and windows folder running; couldn't troubleshoot it. However, later when I have relatively few applications running, the run-mode worked well!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@arunaramana , Can you check and RAM and CPU usages. If there is some other application using too much of that, close those. Browsers, Power bi desktop can consume a lot of that

Thanks Amit, Looks like your tip worked. when the tool was frozen during run-mode, I had mozilla, chrome, SSMS and windows folder running; couldn't troubleshoot it. However, later when I have relatively few applications running, the run-mode worked well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.