Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jgray72
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Report Builder - Filter on a Date

Hi - how can you get a date filter on your dataset in Power BI Report Builder that limits the date to the last 45 days, or the last two to three snapshot dates?   The dataset for this report is a shared dataset and quite large, and I just want the last few snapshot dates to show in my dataset.  I keep getting query timeouts on the report and I need to limit the data and retest.  

report builder.JPG

nd re-test.

4 REPLIES 4
jgray72
Helper II
Helper II

Hi - I was not able to figure it out.

Hi - I had found the expression examples page, but it didn't have an example of what I was looking for.  I already have cascading parameters in the report.  What I'm trying to do is filter data out of the dataset, as it's still too much to query despite the parameters.  Each snapshot is about 5 million rows.  Even when I allow them to only pick one snapshot, I get query time outs.  So I want to limit the rows in the dataset itself vs. using parameters.  It's a shared dataset, so I can't make those filter edits in power query (or to the shared dataset itself).

Hi, were you ever able to figure this out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.