Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DenisOHara
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Relationships

Power Bi . I have three tables A,B,C A is a table of postcodes with a one to many reationship to table B of Clients which in turn has a one to many relationship to table C a transaction table. I want to count transctions by postcode and show them on a map

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

I got it sorted, I had not defined all the realtionships

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajiv,

Could help me to find out how can I do the operation below?

I have 2 tabs

1 - Main one - With all the information Names + Actual Date (Date) and Status (Open) of the process

2 - Update data - With Names + Actual Date (Date) and Status (Close) of the process

What I need to do is:

Take the information from the 2 (Update data Excel) and check if I can find the names in the 1(Main one) excel, if the names are matching, I need to Add the new Actual Date (from - 2(update data) excel) into the 1(Main one), and I need to check the New Status from (2 - Update data) into (1 - Main one) chance from open to close.

So the (1 - Main one excel) would have the update iformation of the New Actual Date and the Status will be change from open to close

so, If the Names between the 2 tables match, the (1-Main information) will get New actual Date and the Status will be change from actual Open to Close.

how can I do it?

Thank you

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DenisOHara ,

Could you please share some sample data in A,B and C table(exclude sensitive data) and your desired result in order to provide a suitable solution?

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DenisOHara , if you are taking postcodes from A and countrows(C), is it not working.

Hi

I got it sorted, I had not defined all the realtionships

Hi @DenisOHara ,

Whether the problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help other members in the community find the solution easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.
Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.