Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Quiz - need clarification on a question

I have this question before me. Can anyone let me know the answer ?

You plan to use Power BI Desktop to create a report. The report will consume data from an on-premises
tabular named SalesDB in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). The report will be published
to the Power BI service. You need to ensure that the report published to the Power BI service will
access the current data in SalesDB. What should you do?

A. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the Import Data Connectivity mode.
B. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the Connect live option.
C. Deploy an on-premises data gateway (personal mode) and configure to SalesDB to use the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.
D. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.

Is the correct answer B or D ?

3 REPLIES 3
sidrt161

Its D, we can do a direct query on DB to get the latest data and that can be possible with on-premises data gateway 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this question before me. Can anyone let me know the answer ?

You plan to use Power BI Desktop to create a report. The report will consume data from an on-premises
tabular named SalesDB in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). The report will be published
to the Power BI service. You need to ensure that the report published to the Power BI service will
access the current data in SalesDB. What should you do?

A. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the Import Data Connectivity mode.
B. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the Connect live option.
C. Deploy an on-premises data gateway (personal mode) and configure to SalesDB to use the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.
D. Deploy an on-premises data gateway and configure the connection to SalesDB to use the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.

Is the correct answer B or D ?

vickygrower

Hello everyone i think dash is best for other coin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.