Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dave1
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Quick-book Content pack

Hi, 

I am working on Financial data set. My client wants to use data from quickbook and also data from other sources. So, Is there a way to download .pbix file from PowerBI Service? or Is there a way to get the defination of measures used in the content pack, partuicularly measures in General Ledger?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Dave1,

You can connect to QuickBook PBIT file in Power BI Desktop, you can get measure definitions there and you are able to import data from other sources in the PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Dave1,

You can connect to QuickBook PBIT file in Power BI Desktop, you can get measure definitions there and you are able to import data from other sources in the PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia, Do you still have the quickbook pbit file? It looks like the link has expired.

Regards,

Fred

Thank you Lydia. This makes my life very easy! 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, there is a Preview feature for downloading a PBIX file from the Service. Open a report and then click File and you should have an option to download a PBIX file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler Thank you. In my case, the option is greyed out. Is there something in the setting I have to enable in order to activate the preview option? 

Hmm, do you have a Pro license? It might not work without that or it may not work with third-party content packs or some third-party content packs. Let me do some checking.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.