Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Publisher error when trying to update dashboard

Hi,

I used Power BI Publisher in Excel to pin an element to a dashboard (a basic scatter plot).  But when I update that one and only element on a dashboard I get the error, “Request to a web service failed”.   

More specifically, when I get the error I am using Pin Manager in PB Publisher in Excel.  I select an element from the list of pinned elements and hit the update button, then comes the error.  

I know that PB Publisher in Excel can connect to the dashboard, because I used it to pin the element onto the dashboard in the first place.   It just can’t update it.

To be clear, I’m just using the apps as installed (Power BI Pro/Service, Power BI Publisher in Excel).  No API, no app development.

Your forum wisdom is much appreciated by this Power BI newbie.

John 

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this error by re-pin the tile or use Pin Management, does you occur this error when pin other tiles or update? Could you please try to use re-pin to update? what is the last time the update feature works ?

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for trying, but the error occurs when I try to refresh (update), not during pinning.    I think I need to install an "On-premises gateway" .

Below is what the error looks like in Excel/Pin Manager:

Request to a web service failed error during dashboard refresh/update.Request to a web service failed error during dashboard refresh/update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.