Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
masvillatema23 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Publisher Installation Error

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the installation of power bi publisher on my pc, there is alaways an error popping up saying "Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above", But i do have Excel 2007 installed on my pc. Can someone please help me about this issue.

Thanks,

MARK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Publisher Installation Error

Hi Herbert,

64-bit version of excel was installed on my pc. I just re-installed excel enterprise 2007 and it worked.

Thanks,

MARK

6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Publisher Installation Error

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the installation of power bi publisher on my pc, there is alaways an error popping up saying "Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above", But i do have excel 2007 installed on my pc. Can someone please help me about this issue.

Thanks,

MARK

v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@masvillatema23

Is the bit version (32 or 64) of your excel 2007 same as the downloaded power bi publisher?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song Established Member
Established Member

Re: Power BI Publisher Installation Error - Status changed to: Needs Info

Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

64-bit version of excel was installed on my pc. I just re-installed excel enterprise 2007 and it worked.

Thanks,

MARK

gvolst Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to install the 64 bit version, however I'm getting the message that it requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above.

I'm using the Office 2016 64 bit version.

Update 2018-01-08: I reinstalled office 2016 64 bit (en-us) and now the installation of Publisher went succesfull.

gvolst Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same here!

I installed the 32 bit version for office 2016 32 bit and that worked fine.

However, I uninstalled both products (publisher and office) and installed the office 2016 64 bit version.

When I'm trying to install the publisher 64 bit version I'm receiving the message that it requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or above.

Could some give me a hint how I'm able to solve this?

I tried restarting my machine and removed the registery key for Power BI Publisher, but without success.

Update 2018-01-08: I reinstalled office 2016 64 bit (en-us) and now the installation of Publisher went succesfull.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 289 members 2,996 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: