Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Pro

If I have power Bi pro and share a report that uses Azure SQL-Database as a database to my colleges, can they update the data in the report without having Power BI pro themself. And if I use Scheduled refresh, can i make it update more often than daily?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

If you want the users could refresh datasource, you need to add them into a appworkspace and give them edit access, so that they could refresh the datasource, and this need them a pro license. If you share a report to them directly, they could only get a report so that they could not refresh data soucre.

With this Pro license you can refresh upto 8 times a day, and i think you could set scheduled refresh for this datasource and don't need to let end users to refresh the datasource.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

If you want the users could refresh datasource, you need to add them into a appworkspace and give them edit access, so that they could refresh the datasource, and this need them a pro license. If you share a report to them directly, they could only get a report so that they could not refresh data soucre.

With this Pro license you can refresh upto 8 times a day, and i think you could set scheduled refresh for this datasource and don't need to let end users to refresh the datasource.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , for more deets please visit at below URL:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Power BI Pro users allow to refresh data source. And yes with this Pro license you can refresh upto 8 times a day.

Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.