Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DomChung
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Premium EM1 - unable to access premium settings?

Hi,

We have purchased PBI Premium EM1 to kick us off. On all the documentation that we have ready, it suggests that once our Global Admin has purchased PBI Premium, we should be able to access the Premium settings menu in the admin portal. I have been granted PBI Services Admin, so I can see those features, but it still suggests that we need to buy premium?

Anyone with any ideas? If it helps, our Global Admin person also has the same issue! Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25
dmoenkhaus
Frequent Visitor

A support rep responded to my request through https://portal.office.com/Support/ServiceRequests.aspx

It sounds like this is a known issue and the dev/product team is currently looking into the issue. They did not provide a workaround or ETA yet.

😞

Yes. I got a message earlier saying that they are investigating as they are aware of an issue with PBI premium. I believe this currently only affects EM1 and EM2, but that is unconfirmed.

I had the same message that it is with their product team at present. I'm chasing a ETA, but nothing has come through yet. 

they have communicated an August 10th resolution for the bug fix.

dmoenkhaus
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the exact same issue as well and opend a support ticket through portal.office.com. Were you able to come to a resolution? 

Was your premium licnese purchased via a MS Partner or a 3rd party?  If so, please follow up with those entities to see how they can enable your features.

Mark Ghanayem - Microsoft BI Support Team

We have escalated this to our Microsoft Partner as well. They are not getting much in the way of a break through either in terms of liaising with MS.

not sure if my message went through

I am an enterprise customer and purchased it through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Site via a reservation.

they have communicated an August 10th resolution for the bug fix.

I have had the same message that it should be available tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Where did you see the communication for the August 10 fix?  Want to be able to share that with my team.

This was both via email and the support ticket I opened both of which are private channels. Sorry I can't provide an official public link! I'll provide an update tomorrow once I've verified or have gotton additional information.

thank you....appreciate it

Support ticket as well!

issue is resolved, happy embedding! 

Its not yet resolved for me! 😞

not for me either

Sorry to hear 😞 I'd recommond sending a request through https://portal.office.com/Support/ServiceRequests.aspx

Thanks. My ticket is still open. I've just been informed that it is due to be deployed to my location at 2am PST. Fingers crossed!

Hi, same here as well. We are a Enterprise customer and ordered through reservations.

The item appears as a valid subscription, but unavailable to configure Premium space in apps.powerbi.com!

I have the same exact issue as well.  I am an enterprise customer and purchased the EM1 license through the microsoft volume licensing site

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.