Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Delrameau
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Paginated Report Builder

Hi,

I'm trying to create a paginated report with Power BI Report Builder, but I'm having l lot trouble loading it.

Power BI report builder takes a really long time to load when I click run, and when the report finished loading all of the values in the report's visualizations are blank. 

Does anyone know what is causing this to happen?

7 REPLIES 7
himuengg
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I pulled one model from PBI desktop into PBI Report Builder and then ran this DAX TOTALMTD(SUM('FACT_TABLE'[Sales]),'DATE_TABLE'[Date]) and it worked as expected but when I tried to calculated MTD for same period last year with SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR DAX command, its not giving values. I used TOTALMTD(SUM('FACT_TABLE'[Sales]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('DATE_TABLE'[Date])). Can somebody help please?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Delrameau ,

Please refer to limitations and considerations below:

Here are some other features that aren't supported in the initial release:

• Pinning report pages or visuals to Power BI dashboards. You can still pin visualizations to a Power BI dashboard from an on-premises paginated report on a Power BI Report Server or Reporting Services report server. See Pin Reporting Services items to Power BI dashboards for more information.
  • Interactive features such as document maps and show/hide buttons.
  • Subreports and drillthrough reports.
  • Shared data sources and shared datasets.
  • Visuals from Power BI reports.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft,

What do you mean by shared datasets?

I am able to query the dataset, create paremeters, etc. I've pretty much build the entire report. 

The only problem is that the report won't show any values besides the column header when I click run. 

It also takes a really long time to load after I click run, and I don't know why. 

I don't know what to do.

@v-yuta-msft wrote:

@Delrameau ,

Please refer to limitations and considerations below:

Here are some other features that aren't supported in the initial release:

• Pinning report pages or visuals to Power BI dashboards. You can still pin visualizations to a Power BI dashboard from an on-premises paginated report on a Power BI Report Server or Reporting Services report server. See Pin Reporting Services items to Power BI dashboards for more information.
  • Interactive features such as document maps and show/hide buttons.
  • Subreports and drillthrough reports.
  • Shared data sources and shared datasets.
  • Visuals from Power BI reports.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Delrameau - I would clear the columns and calc. columns and then just drop one field from the data set and then try running it and see if it even renders that column or not on the Run.

I made a dummy table in a csv file to test report builder. Do you know how to connect report builder to local files? 

Can you show me a guide to do this?

Thank you. 

Would it work if I typed the data here?Would it work if I typed the data here?

bump

@nirvana_moksh 

Thanks

This a a good trouble-shooting idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.