Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

turbosax2
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Paginated Report Builder legend colors

I have a few datasets in Report Builder, one of which, "ChosenAccount", includes a column with a hex color unique to each account.  The data source for all datasets is a Power BI dataset.  This color is to be used for that specific account throughout the entire report.  I'm able to successfully use the hex color to format cells in tables.

turbosax2_5-1660180463885.png

I'm also able to sucesfully use the hex color to fill columns in my stacked column chart. 

turbosax2_0-1660179833298.png

I have my palette for the chart set to GrayScale so it's easy to distinguish incorrect legend colors.

turbosax2_1-1660179878391.png

The legend only displays the correct color for the item(s) that appear in the first series.  The rest of the items not included in the first series use the grayscale palette for the legend even though the column fill color works correctly.  Here are a couple of examples:

turbosax2_2-1660180071202.png

turbosax2_3-1660180210924.png

How can I get the legend to display the colors properly?

3 REPLIES 3
turbosax2
Frequent Visitor

I can't do that because of the filter in my query.  The "ChosenAccount" query is being filtered by the @AccountAccountNumber parameter in Report Builder, so any index columns I put in Power Query will also be filtered.  

turbosax2
Frequent Visitor

As an alternative to making this work as requested above, I think I can get the desired result if I have a row number as part of my dataset.  How can I modify this dataset query to add a row number?  As a reminder, my data source is from Power BI.

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Account'[Account Number], 'Account'[Account Name], 'Account'[Parent Account], 'Account'[Color], RSCustomDaxFilter(@AccountAccountNumber,EqualToCondition,[Account].[Account Number],String)) ORDER BY [Account Number]

Hi @turbosax2 ,

If possible, you can create the column on the desktop or in Power Query Eidtor and then publish it to the service. In the Report Builder, you can join data sets to query the required fields, including index columns, to create a paginated report.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.