Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Power BI PDF Export

Hello Power BI Experts,

I need suggestions on something that I may be thinking out of the box in Power BI.

I understand in Power BI we can export our report/dashboard to PDF. The PDF export includes as it is screenshot of the report.

Is there a way to export this PDF as an excel?

I understand we can export data as an excel file from individual visuals.

But, now a requirement has come up that if it is possible to create an excel file out of a Power BI report excatly as same as a PDF. (including the layout color schemes, static headers, etc.)

If this is not possible in Power BI, then is there any third party tool that can be integrated with Power BI to achieve this?

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I don't think downloading as excel for a report is supported currently. Here is the idea shared on Power BI Idea forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. 

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks you for your response.

The link which you have shared regarding analyzing in Excel, doesn't help in my scenario. Also, I am aware of the limitations with PDF export.

I am simply looking for a Power BI report/dashboard export (similar to in PDF) in EXCEL for the users just to view the report like in PDF. They don't have to any analysis.

Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I don't think downloading as excel for a report is supported currently. Here is the idea shared on Power BI Idea forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. 

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

HI @v-deddai1-msft ,

Thanks for your response and sharing the link for ideas forum.

Is there any third party tool that can be used to achive this?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I'm sorry that I didn't find such a three party tool. I hope someone with experience will appear.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,

Thanks for putting in time for investigating for 3rd party tools.

I will close the thread for now.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 , 

Please take a look at BI Helper Matrix , a Chrome extension to export matrix and table visuals in Power BI to Excel. 

Key features: Retains visual formatting and matrix data pivots. Works with all tables and 2 x 2 (row x column) matrix drill-downs. 

Thanks, 

Kiran Hosakote

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @harshnathani ,

Thanks for your reply.

But this is not something I am looking for.

Just think from user point of view who are used to using excel sheets for years, and now we want to give them a POwer BI report export like we give in PDF (for viewing puprposes) in excel.

Let me know if I am not clear.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.