Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiltonChapman
Regular Visitor

Power BI Newbie - Dax Formula Help

Hi,

I have two tables with a collumn in each in which i need to pull a value from the first table and collumn, if a particular value is present then present this in a new collumn (do not reference the second table), if the collumn is NULL or has another value then reference the second table and collumn, if a particular value is present then present this value, id NULL or has another value exclude from the new collumn. 

Table 1

Collumn Name: Vehicle Severity1

If Value Present show in new collumn in table 2 Very Severve / Severe / Less Severe

If value Null / Vehicle Incident REFERENCE TABLE 2

Table 2

Collumn Name: Vehicle Severity2

If Value Present show in new collumn in table 2 Very Severve / Severe / Less Severe

If value Null / Vehicle Incident EXCLUDE FROM DATA.

I hope this makes sense, any and all help would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Milton

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MiltonChapman,

Could you clarify more details about expression like "pull a value from the first table and collumn" and "if the collumn is NULL or has another value then reference the second table and collumn"? The logic is not so clear, if possible, could you share some sample data and expected results for further analysis?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.