Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sentsara
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Model help needed

Model.PNG

result.PNG

Hello Friend,

I need your suggestion for linking HEDIS and Revenue at Risk Dataset in Power BI Data model:

above model is not coming as expected.

Below is the Requirement:

Dataset : RevenueatRisk

unique key for joiner column: HEDIS Population,Program Category,Program,State Program,Measure

HEDIS PopulationProgram CategoryProgramState ProgramMeasureGoal
Medicaid1.Revenue at RiskAuto AssignMCO ScorecardBCS80.00%
Medicaid1.Revenue at RiskWithholdP4QCCS75.00%
Medicaid2.Publicly ReportedState Report cardState Report cardCBP60.00%
Medicaid1.Revenue at RiskWithholdP4QCCS90.00%
Medicare3.MediAuto AssignMCO ScorecardUTL95.00%

Dataset: HEDIS

Unique joiner column: HEDISPopulation,Measure

HEDIS PopulationMeasureNumDenoCompliance Rate
MedicaidIBR105020.00%
MedicaidCPU203066.67%
MedicaidBCS255050.00%
MedicaidCCS356058.33%
MedicaidCDC458056.25%
MedicaidCBP5512045.83%
MedicareUTL500150033.33%

Expected output in Tabular visual:

HEDIS PopulationProgram CategoryProgramState ProgramMeasureNumDenoCompliance RateGoal
Medicaid1.Revenue at RiskAuto AssignMCO ScorecardBCS             25               5050.00%80.00%
  WithholdP4QCCS             35               6058.33%75.00%
    CCS             35               6058.33%90.00%
 2.Publicly ReportedState Report cardState Report cardCBP             55             12045.83%60.00%
Medicare3.MediAuto AssignMCO ScorecardUTL           500          1,50033.33%95.00%
MedicaidN/AN/AN/AIBR             10               5020.00%-
CPU             20               3066.67%-
CDC             45               8056.25%-

need to the best model , how to break the revenueatRisk dataset into more than one table and link properly.

just can anyone throw an idea for the best module creation on this requirement?

5 REPLIES 5
sentsara
Helper II
Helper II

All the measures won't be available in Revene at risk table. Only the measures which have goals , will be having entry to this table. I just put some sample records , but in practical large data will be there.

main table here is HEDIS ( Fact). All measures will exists here. so we need to correct the solution to pickup all data from HEDIS And left join with revenue at Risk table ( for picking up program category,program , state program,goal)

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @sentsara ,

I have one question regarding your dataset you have on measure CCS two values for Goal is that correct?

I created two tables one for population and another for the Measures then related this two tables with the others:

MFelix_0-1617097497465.png

Since using a matrix will summarize the information on the values and you have goals for the same measure you need to make one workaround that is to place the goal on the rows also, if you need to have it on the values, then you must also pace it on the values and reduce the size of the column goal:

MFelix_1-1617097623551.png

On the second image you can see the table with the goal hidden:

MFelix_2-1617098861840.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Miguel Félix,

Thanks for taking your time and providing me the solution.

I still need to get IBR ,CPU and UTL Measure  with the compliance Rate in the Matrix.

sentsara_1-1617173002993.png

Hi @sentsara ,

I have looked at your issue and the questions is about the relationships and the fact that you have some details that are in one of the table but not on the other one, in this case the lowest detail of infomration at program category.

The fastest way is to add the rows that you need on the Revenue at risk but without any values, in this case for the MEDICAID IBR and CPU and for Medicare UTL only add the  Population and the measure leave the rest of the fields in blank.

If this is not possible please tell me and I can try and check another soluiton.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

All the measures won't be available in Revene at risk table. Only the measures which have goals , will be having entry to this table. I just put some sample records , but in practical large data will be there.

main table here is HEDIS ( Fact). All measures will exists here. so we need to correct the solution to pickup all data from HEDIS And left join with revenue at Risk table ( for picking up program category,program , state program,goal)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.