Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Matrix issue

Hi,

I am new to Power BI. Can some one please help me out.

How to display 0's instead of NULL or BLanks in a matrix in Power BI? 

Matrix is filtered based on the month selected (Left side visual). When selected January, in matrix, on expanding the Location R100, there are values for Jan 06, Jan 27 which is correct. But I don’t have to show Jan 13 and Jan 21, because there are no sessions scheduled for those dates. How can i achieve it?

DAX (Measure): DistinctRosterCount:= IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID])) = BLANK(), 0, CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID]))).

This is the DAX behind for displaying the values in the Matrix. I can’t replace the 0 in DAX with blank or null because as per the business i have to display 0 in Power BI even though the distinct count is null for a location. 

In Matrix, on the rows, I am displaying Location from DimLocation table, SessionDate1 from DimDate table. On the Columns, displaying Description from the DimStatus table (Both Show & NoShow), on the values, I am displaying measure DistinctRosterCount wrote in the Fact table.

Note: "Show items with nodata is turned off" on the rows and columns in the matrix.

SSAS 2017, PBI Sep 2019 versions.

The data source for Power BI report is from the SSAS server. 

PowerBi Image.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can some one provide me a solution for this issue?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vamsikrishna007 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vamsikrishna007 , Try like

DAX (Measure): DistinctRosterCount:= IF(isblank(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID])) ), 0, CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID])))

or
DAX (Measure): DistinctRosterCount:= IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID])) == BLANK(), 0, CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactJobClubOrientation[RosterID])))

@amitchandak 

The DAX you provided is the same i provided in the Question.

Can you please look into the question again. TIA

Can some one provide me a solution for this issue?

Hi , @vamsikrishna007 

Not fully sure .

Take a try to create another measure as below:

measure visual control = IF([ DistinctRosterCount]=0,0,1)

Then apply this measure into  visual filter pane :

84.png

If  it doesn't  meet your requirement , please elaborate a bit more.

It will be better if you can provide some sample pbix file to test.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.