Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nikochi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Map Size feature scale

Hello Community, 

I have created a map visualization, for locating bussinesses within a city and they are categorized (legend) by sector. The size of the bubble by surface area. 

However, everytime i make a selection using the filter (by Sector (ie Public or Private), the size of the bubbles change. This is missleading to the reader as there is no scale maintaining a fixed size of the bubble. Is there a way to fix the scale. 

Please, let me know if there is a way to fix the scale of the size of the bubbles. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nikochi,

Based on my test, it is not available to fix the size of bubble. Per my understanding, the size field doesn't represent the fixed actual size of each bubble. Instead, the map visual draws the bubble based on the proportion specified by size field.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-yulgu-msft 

That is what I was afraid. Are there other map visulaizations that allow you to set some sort of scale?

Hi @Nikochi,

Unfortunately, I didn't find such a map visual to meet this request.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.