Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WillBeeSEA
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Line visual - what are Join Types

When formatting a line visual, one formatting section is "Shapes" and under that is the Join Type. (this is not about joining tables)

I see three choices: Miter, Round or Bevel 

I cannot see any difference in the line visual, nor any change in the marker shapes nor anything else.  What are Join Types and where do I see them?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @WillBeeSEA ,

Even I used to wonder the same. Recently, I accidently came across while I was playing with the settings, and one observation is that you will notice the change when the stroke width is high.

Join Type.gif

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution. Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂
If it doesn't, then please share a sample data along with the expected results (preferably an excel file and not an image)

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @WillBeeSEA ,

Even I used to wonder the same. Recently, I accidently came across while I was playing with the settings, and one observation is that you will notice the change when the stroke width is high.

Join Type.gif

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution. Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂
If it doesn't, then please share a sample data along with the expected results (preferably an excel file and not an image)

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

That's great!  Thank you.  I had tried bumping up the stroke width, but not enough to see the difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.