Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Indicators Configured with Colors and Images

I need to keep the below indicators visuals in my Power BI report based on the values.

If issue count is < 10, then it should appear with Red color including a image in it. Like that it differes for warning and as per plan colors and images.

How can we peroform it ?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Actually for the color you can use color measure.  That you can use in background color

Color Measure = if([count]<10, "red", "green") Or switch true for more option .

You can also have an image URL on the measure, but I have not tested that.

May be, create a measure that returns a different image URL. Where you want to use I am not clear.

Color measure you can use in background /conditional formatting with Field value option

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to my test, I can change the background color outside the picture range.

Create the following measure and apply it to the conditional formatting of the background color.

V-lianl-msft_1-1610605323332.png

Measure 2 = var count_ = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[type]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[type]="Schedule"))
return SWITCH(TRUE(),
            count_>10,"red",
            count_>5&&count_<=10,"yellow",
            count_<=5,"green"
)

Sample .pbix

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can try encoding your image in base64 and use it in your measure. Mark the data type of measure as image URL and you are good to go.

Reference - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Base64-Images/m-p/737648 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Actually for the color you can use color measure.  That you can use in background color

Color Measure = if([count]<10, "red", "green") Or switch true for more option .

You can also have an image URL on the measure, but I have not tested that.

May be, create a measure that returns a different image URL. Where you want to use I am not clear.

Color measure you can use in background /conditional formatting with Field value option

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.