Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jkhan
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI - Incremental Refresh Feature.

Hi PowerBI Gurus,

I am trying to test new feature of Powerbi Incremental Refresh. But I am having issue with Data fresh after i uploaded pbix file to Powerbi Service

First I uploaded with MAY-2020 sample data and configured Incremental Refresh with below parameter 

1.JPG

2.JPG

I uploaded pbix file to Powerbi Service and did refresh. MAY-2020 data was loaded successful. 
Then I added APR-2020 (Previous Month) sample records in my database and did refresh again in Powerbi Service But no data was loaded in powerbi
Then I added JUN-2020 (Next Month)sample records  in my database and did refresh again in Powerbi service. This time Jun-2020 data was loaded in powerbi.

3.JPG

Then I again loaded Jul, Aug, Sep -2020  sample records in my database and did refresh again in Powerbi service. This time no record was loaded in powerbi 

Can you please help me to understand why this is happening 

Best Regards

Jamsher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jkhan 

The fresh range for incremental is from the previous selected date to the current date, it cannot fresh the future dates. 

Please refer to the Refresh range section in the official document

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jkhan 

The fresh range for incremental is from the previous selected date to the current date, it cannot fresh the future dates. 

Please refer to the Refresh range section in the official document

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jkhan
Helper III
Helper III

Please note incremental refresh works on Current Date and not on max date from dataset. 

PBI Service Session 20 - Incremental Refresh Traces
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkKVMrkJyXk&lc=z224dhyg2yydhvdl1acdp430hr1y0xmwgz5dr5tawydw03c010c

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.