Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dp106
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Impala Connector - Encryption Error

Hi,

I am trying to setup a power Bi connection to our hadoop environment using impala connector.  It looks like connection is established but i see the below error message and unable to proceed further.

any help would be appreciated.

Encryption Support

We are unable to connect to the data source using an encrypted connection. to access this data source using an unencrypted connection click ok.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dp106 ,

As the error message mentioned, you should connect to Impala using unencrypted mode, click "OK" and the connection should be established well.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dp106 ,

As the error message mentioned, you should connect to Impala using unencrypted mode, click "OK" and the connection should be established well.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

After clicking 'OK', I get 'Disable Encryption Failed' error - stating ' An encryption errorwas recieved even though encryption is disabled for this data source'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jo-Sam 

We have a same problem, may i know if you have a solution ?

Disable Encryption Failed.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.