Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Freezing

Hi,

I have the Product version 2.74.5619.862 (19.10) of Power BI 64 Bit and am creating a report that has hundreds of columns and measure, and about 10,000 rows...

My report keeps freezing when trying to create more columns and measures. I have updated my laptop to a Thinkpad core i7 7th Gen laptop (attached is a screenshot of my laptops specs)

Is my report too big? Or will I need more RAM?
Is there an easy fix to this freezing issue? I am trying to think of ways to reduce the amount of columns in my report, but I am not sure if it is possible... 

Capturee.PNG

The screenshot below is the memory consumption. When freezing, power bi uses 9,000 MB of memory

pic.png

Thank you!
Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the screen shot you shared, obviously, you should optimize your data model. Please refer to the video for more details.

https://www.sqlbi.com/tv/my-power-bi-report-is-slow-what-should-i-do/

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the screen shot you shared, obviously, you should optimize your data model. Please refer to the video for more details.

https://www.sqlbi.com/tv/my-power-bi-report-is-slow-what-should-i-do/

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

I´m getting the same problem with the newer version of PBI (March 2020), works great until I get a screenshoot.

Didn´t change anything in the report or database.

I think it´s a problem with the version PBI of March 2020

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.