Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Format Question

Hi everyone,

I have a table like the following one:

Captura de ecrã 2022-11-20, às 01.43.37.png

Now I would like to remove the currency symbols here in the "Report" section, but without affecting the "Data" section.

The problem is that every time I change the format in the "Report" section, it automatically changes on the "Data" section.

Any idea how to handle it?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Hi,

If you want to keep your Data section coulums as currency and if you need to change columns in report as decimal then best option is creating mesures.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

you need to change the data type in Data section.

Data section is like the datasourece for the visuals in the report section, so the change shall take place from its source.

Dinesh_Suranga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Hi

Create DAX mesures for these all columns. Then you can change data time of measure without changing data type of Data section. ex.

Costs =  Sum(Table Name[Column Name])

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Sir.

So basically my only solution is to create a measure for every single column, in order to change the format to decimal number, without affecting the "data section" that is actually in currency format, is that correct?

@Anonymous 

Hi,

If you want to keep your Data section coulums as currency and if you need to change columns in report as decimal then best option is creating mesures.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.