Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI - Fiscal Calendar and Display of Information (HELP!)

I have joined a dataset of "closed" business with a fiscal calendar I have created.  This allows me top see the last three years of results.

That said, in my hierarchical matrix view it doesn not represent Q4 2017, I think because our Q4 has not "started" yet (though I have customer orders).  I am wondering how I can display the business we have closed for Q4.  I think the relationship to the calendar is preventing me from doing that and realzing it visually.

I have included a screen capture with the matrix view (information ovscured for privacy purposes).  Red circle is essentially the missing informaiton.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @irnm8dn,

So you want to use specific value to replace 'not started' range, right?
If this is a case, you can add a condition to check blank records and use if statement to replace the value.

Sample measure:

test = IF(ISBLANK(MAX('CALENDAR'[Date])),"Not Start",COUNT('CALENDAR'[Date]))

2.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the note.

In this cases, this is not the solution I am looking for.  I have committed business which starts in Q4, and can't figure out why PBI is not including this in the 2017-Q4 results.  I need to figure out how to get Power BI to reflect the business that has committed for Q4, but has not started.  I am wondering if this is because it is future dated and hasn't started yet.

HI @irnm8dn,

I think you can also check the date table if it not contains more date, it may block the data.

it will be help for troubleshooting if you can please provide some sample data to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

so I think the question is: are there any records for this period in the underlying data set?

in a way I think in your post you indicate it has not started but then you do say there are orders - so this is a little confusing - but in any case we assume the visual is functioning correctly but there is no data for the period....   what do you think?

www.CahabaData.com

Thanks for the note.  I will clarify.

There is sales data for that period.  That's why I don't understand why it is empty in the table.

So in essence, I have sales for that period of time.  The campaigns do not start until the Q4.  Because I have a relationship between my fiscal calendar and my dataset - I wondering if Power BI limits this from being visual since this is "in the future".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.