Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Failed to save modifications to the server

saikiran_1992_0-1645463701374.png

Please help me out and need any questions please let me know

6 REPLIES 6
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous - Do you mean that you are using Power Query within Excel?  Not the server.   If this is the case, are you using 32-bit Excel.  Excel has a 1.5GB limit, so you are trying to import to much data.  Try importing each query individual into a separate Excel session to see how big the data really is.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

The data is getting imported from SQL Server and If I am running between the tenure like 1st Dec to 15th Dec it is running fine and we start doing from 16th Dec it will throw an error like the above screenshot attached.

@Anonymous - sorry there is just too much data.  If you cannot change from 32-bit Excel to 64-bit You really need to reduce the amount of data returned.  Try remove necessary columns, and group by to remove unnecessary rows.  If that does not work, each individual query will have to be exported in separate Workbook and possible separate Excel application sessions.

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous - Could you please provide more detail about what you are doing.  For example, it this Dataflow?

Many thanks

Daryl

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Data flow from MS SQL to Excel and the destination is Power BI.

@Anonymous - did you mean "or" i.e. SQL or Excel  into the Dataflow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.