Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI Embedded Refresh Failures?

I have a report in my Power BI Embedded where I am pulling 5 years of dataset to refresh the report over the embedded capacity A1 (1Core, 3GB RAM), my refersh fails on A1 pricing tier whenever I try to refresh the reports, I tried to limit the dataset and retired to refresh the report in Pro license and in Power BI Embedded Capacity but it seems that Pro license can refresh this reports in 20mins but all my refresh fails in Power BI Embedded, did someone faced any issue like this ?? 

My dataset is is close to 200MB not more then that, not sure why these refreshs are failing, I have close to 30+ reports in my Power BI Embeded capacity workspace but for this particular report I am refershing it when no other refresh is scheduled and it fails under 20mins below is what error I am getting:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class","detail":{"type":1,"value":"11"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"tally-server\\sqlserver2016evl,2020;GKLiveDB"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146232060"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: GRINetSalesDetailsBI.
Cluster URI:WABI-INDIA-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:66e5290a-fdd5-464c-8576-be4e1eb9e774
Request ID:503bf5c5-cbf1-410b-a69e-24b400592eae
Time:2021-06-17 02:20:29Z
Show

On demand6/16/2021, 7:32:29 PM6/16/2021, 7:54:47 PMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Show

On demand6/16/2021, 6:32:09 PM6/16/2021, 6:52:34 PMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Show

On demand6/16/2021, 6:02:28 PM6/16/2021, 6:31:22 PMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Show

On demand6/15/2021, 4:28:32 PM6/15/2021, 4:52:09 PMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please suggest any ideas or help here, should we go towards A2????? Should we try incremental refrsh???? close to 300+ users are accessing the reports, but the refresh that I am doing for this particular reports is being done on off hours hence it should refresh.

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anmolgan ,

Make sure you have configured the timeout setting on the data source.
When using Power Embedded Capacity there could be a lot of factors causing it to fail.
Such as running out of memory, other reports being loaded which could possibly stop the refresh and other things.

What I would suggest doing is to rather see how you can get the refresh time down by using incremental refreshing.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anmolgan , to me it seem more an issue with gateway as of now or with Timeout(Execution Timeout Expired. ) , please increase timeout for queries at db level or try like

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Query-Timeout-on-update/td-p/53459

also refer if need 

Troubleshoot gateway
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot
https://guyinacube.com/2016/09/21/troubleshooting-connectivity-tips/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.