Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skb
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded New (Power BI Workspace) Using import data not direct query can we refresh data

There was a question posted dated 08-03-2016 --https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embedded-How-does-it-refresh-reports/m-p/55375/h........

"How can I ensure that Power BI reports published in Power BI Embedded shows the latest data via refresh? How would it work if a report is doing data import or DirectQuery?

• If report is importing data - Does this work with Power BI embedded? How do I configure the scheduling of the data refresh in this case?
  • If report is using direct query - How does it work in Power BI embedded? I know that the gateway works with PowerBI.com service -- but Power BI embedded?"

Answer at that time was - 

1. " If report is importing data, recreate a pbix and re-import it to workspace, no schedule refresh."

My question is will situation be same with new Power BI Embedded (Replacement of Power BI Workspace) or we can schedule or refresh data when report is build with import data?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@skb wrote:

There was a question posted dated 08-03-2016 --https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embedded-How-does-it-refresh-reports/m-p/55375/h........

"How can I ensure that Power BI reports published in Power BI Embedded shows the latest data via refresh? How would it work if a report is doing data import or DirectQuery?

• If report is importing data - Does this work with Power BI embedded? How do I configure the scheduling of the data refresh in this case?
  • If report is using direct query - How does it work in Power BI embedded? I know that the gateway works with PowerBI.com service -- but Power BI embedded?"

Answer at that time was - 

1. " If report is importing data, recreate a pbix and re-import it to workspace, no schedule refresh."

My question is will situation be same with new Power BI Embedded (Replacement of Power BI Workspace) or we can schedule or refresh data when report is build with import data?

@skb

Thanks for your reporting. So far the information is very limited, I don't find any new refreshing feature in the updated documenation. I'm going to consult this internally and would post back if there comes any update. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.