cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power BI - Dynamic M Query Parameter binding not shown

I have the same problem as described in here, the only difference is, that the proposed solution (restart Power BI ) does not work. 

I've copy&pasted everything (query and structures) from the example in the blog entry. 

- Version is: 2.86.902.0 32-bit (Oktober 2020)

- Feature "Dynamic M Query parameters" is activated in "preview features"

- Parameters are created (date/time) 

- Parameters are used in the query - query itself works perfectly

- Tables are created according to the blog post

- Slicers / Filters are created

--> still the dropdown "Bind to Parameter" is not shown in "Field" - "Properties" - "Advanced" section, the shown fields are only "sort by column", "data category" and "summarize"

preview featurespreview featuresfield  properties - advancedfield properties - advancedm querym query

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've found the root cause by myself: the query type was not (automagically) set to "direct query".

After setting up everything manually I could finally see the parameter binding option. 

@DaveHowe maybe this could help you as well?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I've found the root cause by myself: the query type was not (automagically) set to "direct query".

After setting up everything manually I could finally see the parameter binding option. 

@DaveHowe maybe this could help you as well?

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Hi! can expand on this, I did not understand the part of setting manually. Thanks

Thanks, but I don't think I understand what you mean.  What did you set up manually?

Thanks,

Dave

Did found an answer for this?

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have the preview feature enabled, date type parameter created and referenced in M Query, date table created, but the "Bind to Parameter" is not available.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteBr ,

What data source are you connecting?

Please check the Considerations and limitations.

Please check the steps in this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-dynamic-m-query-parameters

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors