Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trinaedmondson

Power BI Desktop v2.71 64 bit returning exit code 0xd9492

While attempting to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the latest Power BI desktop the installation do not run returning and exit code 0xd9492.

Please advise what could cause this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It would appear that we had downloaded an .exe file which didn't work (3 times from different Microsoft download centres always returning the same code), however when we downloaded the msi we seem to have overcome this issue.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

There is a known issue we are curently investigating. To workaround please use the silent installation that can be executed with this command: “PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe -quiet ACCEPT_EULA=1 LANGUAGE=en-US”

mwimberger
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @trinaedmondson 

I had something similar ( but not the same ) a few months ago. I couldn't install the newest version basically.
We had just had an OS software upgrade at work and something got messed up with the registry, I'm thinking. So I uninstalled Power BI, checked that all references to it were removed, restarted machine and the install was successful.

Do you usually install both 32 and 64-bit versions on the same machine? 

Cheers

Manfred

No - we have just tried one and it failed so then tried the other.  Really we only want the 64 bit.

It would appear that we had downloaded an .exe file which didn't work (3 times from different Microsoft download centres always returning the same code), however when we downloaded the msi we seem to have overcome this issue.

Thank you.

Great stuff! 

OK, and you've tried the install on other machines?  If it is the same file you are using, and it bombs on multiple machines, the download may be corrupted. Does it get through the unpack successfully and only bomb out at the end or right at  the beginning? This is usually the best clue as to the problem ( IMHO) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.