Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop - set fields for csv export using see records

Hi everyone,

I'm using Power BI Desktop. I have a number of visualisations. A number of them use the column/bar charts.

For example, I may have a bar graph showing the number of support tickets open in each support team.

To dig deeper, we will right click a bar graph for a support group and click "See Records". On the next screen, you can see your rows of data and have the ability to order your data columns, add/remove columns and then export to CSV.

I do this practice daily.

Is there a way to default a list of columns and their order when clicking "See Records". Any changes made revert when you check the data next time. 

Alternatively, has anyone got suggestions to better manager this export process?

Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

You should know that the data from "See Records" is coming from your original graph. If you save the changes like add/remove columns in "See Records", it also means that you are going to modify your original graph. Right?  

And you can refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-see-data-see-records. There's a Note: You cannot save changes from data that is viewed (or modified by users) in the See Records view to a report.

As I know currently there's no alternative way. So I would suggest you to submit an idea for feature request here.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-xjiin-msft for your input. I ended up just adding a table visualisation and added the fields to it, from here I can then extract the data. Not sure why I didn't think of that before!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.