cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Power BI Desktop not Launching

@AndrewK

Have you got this issue resolved? If issue still persists, I would like you to disable any antivirus that is on the computer and try launching the desktop then.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Did you find any solution to the problem?

I am having exactly same issue.

djstay Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, appears to be with the November 2016 release.  Could we please get a download link for the October release until Microsoft figures this out?

AndrewK Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey All, 

I never did find a solution to this, I used the web version for a while, but then I had Windows updating issues on that computer that were pertsistant and unexplained, so the support team here just gave me a new computer so they could take their time (or a sledgehammer) to the old one.

gsalas Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Here is the solution from helpdesk support:

Please check whether you have any Ad-Aware Web Companion installed. If yes, please follow the instruction on the link below, then reboot and installed and launch the desktop again.

Uninstall Lavasoft Web Companion

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/technicalproblems/faqs/how-to-uninstall-ada...

Uninstall the LavasoftTcpService.dll after uninstalling Web Companion, please:

a.Start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator."

b.Enter the this command to reset the network adapter: "netsh winsock reset" without the quotation marks and hit Enter.

c.Restart the computer.

d.Delete these two files: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll  and C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll

Highlighted
Brian_G Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I installed the latest verion of Powerbidesktop yesterday. Today my powerbidesktop is not lounching.

No errors, no eventview logs.

appreciate input.

Brian_G Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the similar issue.  I installed the latest version of Powerbidesktop.msi yesterday.

Now my powerbidesktop is not launching.  now errors.

Your input is greately appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 1,770 guests