Super Contributor

Re: Power BI Desktop not Launching

@AndrewK

Have you got this issue resolved? If issue still persists, I would like you to disable any antivirus that is on the computer and try launching the desktop then.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Frequent Visitor

Hi Andrew,

Did you find any solution to the problem?

I am having exactly same issue.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, appears to be with the November 2016 release.  Could we please get a download link for the October release until Microsoft figures this out?

Frequent Visitor

Hey All, 

I never did find a solution to this, I used the web version for a while, but then I had Windows updating issues on that computer that were pertsistant and unexplained, so the support team here just gave me a new computer so they could take their time (or a sledgehammer) to the old one.

Regular Visitor

Here is the solution from helpdesk support:

Please check whether you have any Ad-Aware Web Companion installed. If yes, please follow the instruction on the link below, then reboot and installed and launch the desktop again.

Uninstall Lavasoft Web Companion

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/technicalproblems/faqs/how-to-uninstall-ada...

Uninstall the LavasoftTcpService.dll after uninstalling Web Companion, please:

a.Start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator."

b.Enter the this command to reset the network adapter: "netsh winsock reset" without the quotation marks and hit Enter.

c.Restart the computer.

d.Delete these two files: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll  and C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I installed the latest verion of Powerbidesktop yesterday. Today my powerbidesktop is not lounching.

No errors, no eventview logs.

appreciate input.

Frequent Visitor

I have the similar issue.  I installed the latest version of Powerbidesktop.msi yesterday.

Now my powerbidesktop is not launching.  now errors.

Your input is greately appreciated.